Francis Cooper married Sarah Booth on 13 OCT 1815 in Baildon, West Riding Yorkshire, England at St. John the Evangelist Church. Francis died 18 JAN 1850 in Baildon with burial at St. John the Evangelist Church. Sarah died prior to 1841 (she is missing from the 1841 England Census and Francis is listed as a widower.)
Here is their marriage record:
Francis and Sarah had eight children that I can figure at this time:
1) Francis Booth was born 23 APR 1815 in Baildon. He was born out of wedlock to Sarah Booth, prior to her marriage to his father, Francis Cooper. He was married to Sarah Ward (1820 – ?) on 13 AUG 1837 in Baildon at St. John the Evangelist Church. He was also married to Mary Wood on 2 JAN 1870 in Bradford at St. Peter’s Cathedral. Please note that Francis Booth listed his father as Francis Cooper on his marriage record. This was not that unusual at this time in this region.
2) Benjamin Cooper was born about 1816 in Baildon.
3) Margaret Cooper was born 08 JUL 1817 in Baildon. This is my fourth great-grandmother and you may find other information about her under the tag- Margaret Cooper Ellison Hudson. If you click on PDF below you will see her baptismal record.
4) John Cooper was born 22 AUG 1820 in Baildon. If you click on PDF below you will see his baptismal record.
5) Thomas Cooper was born about 1820 in Baildon. He married Hannah Moorhouse (1823 – ?) on 17 NOV 1842 in Otley at the All Saints Church, Yorkshire. He died about 1887 in Baildon with burial at St. John the Evangelist. It appears that Thomas and Hannah had at least nine children: Booth (1884 – ?), Mary Ann (1846 – ?), George (1848 – ?), Joshua (1851 – ?), Thomas (1854 – ?), Alfred S. (1856 – ?), Richard (1857 – ?), Henry M. (1865 – ?), and Emily (1875 -?)
6) Samuel Cooper was christened on 20 APR 1823 in Baildon. He was married on 25 MAY 1843 in Bingley at the All Saints Church to Ellen Cockshott (1822 – ?) and he died APR 1860 in Bingley with burial at All Saints. It appears that Samuel and Ellen had at least two children: Henry (1848 – ?) and Mary (1850 – ?).
7) Sarah Ann Cooper was born about 1826 in Baildon. She was married on 28 JAN 1850 to Francis Wilks (1825 – ?) in Bradford at St. Peter’s Cathedral in Yorkshire. In 1881, Sarah Ann was listed on the Pudsey, Yorkshire Census. It appears that Francis and Sarah Ann had at least four children: William (1854 – ?), Dawnbough (1859 – ?), Joseph (1863 – ?) and Sarah Hannah (1866 – ?).
8) Mary Ann Cooper was born 01 AUG 1832 in Baildon and died at the age of one on 16 MAY 1834 in Baildon with burial at St. John the Evangelist Church.
You may see my sources used on my public Ellison Family Tree on ancestry.com. Please contact me if you have further information on this family and their descendants. I am very much interested in understanding what happened to my fourth great-grandmother’s siblings and their families.