I put this together recently and thought others may get some use out of it, especially if traveling to England.
Ellison – Other surnames in Ellison family: Cooper, Ambler
- The Parish Church of St. John the Baptist and All Saints, Linton on Ouse, Easingwold, North Yorkshire :
From Wikipedia “Easingwold is a small market town and a civil parish in North Yorkshire, England. It has a population of 4,233. It is located 13 miles (21 km) north of York, at the foot of the Howardian Hills.”
~Supposed Burial site of Walker Ellison, father of Benjamin Walker Ellison died 31 MAR 1841
From St Wilfrid’s Church website: St Wilfrid’s Church is located at the northern end of the village, alongside the B6160. Parking is normally available on the roadside, except during the high tourist season, when there will usually be space in one of the car parks in the village. The church is open every day during daylight hours.
From Wikipedia “Burnsall is a village and civil parish in the Craven district of North Yorkshire, England. It is situated on the River Wharfe in Wharfedale, with a five-arched bridge over which the Dalesway passes, and is in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. It is 2 miles (3.2 km) southeast of Hebden, along a river path dated to Viking times.”
~Monumental inscriptions inside church North Aisle of Mary Maria and Benjamin Ellison, parents of Walker Ellison, died 25 MAR 1829 and 20 MAR 1832.
~ Walker Ellison and Margaret Cooper married here 11 NOV 1838
- Baildon – this is the village the Ellison’s, Ambler’s and Cooper’s lived in for what I think are several generations. The Ambler’s were a prominent, wealthy family and the Ellison’s owned a woolen mill in 19th century.
From Wikipedia “Baildon is a civil parish and village north of Bradford in Northern England. It is part of the Bradford Metropolitan District in the metropolitan county of West Yorkshire and within the historic boundaries of the West Riding of Yorkshire. It lies 5 miles (8 km) north of Bradford and 9.5 miles (15 km) northwest of Leeds city centre.”
~ Benjamin Walker Ellison baptized here in 1841 (b. 20 JUN 1841), son of Walker & Margaret
~ Benjamin Ellison and Mary Maria Ambler married here 13 AUG 1810
~ Francis Cooper and Sarah Booth married here 13 OCT 1815, Margaret Cooper’s parents, Margaret is Benjamin Walker Ellison’s mother.
Baines – Other surnames in Baines family: Livesey, Prince. Alice Baines Ellison was born in Preston, Lancashire.
Address of Alice Baines childhood home:
- 7 Dallas Street, Ward of Moor Brook, Preston, Lancashire 1901
Addresses of Henry and Margaret Baines, parents of James Baines:
- Dover Street, City of Preston, Lancashire 1841
- 13 Beverly House, Ashton, Lancashire 1871
- 4 Elmsley Street, Ward of Moor Brook, Preston, Lancashire 1901
- Haighton Old Hall, Haighton Green Lane, Haighton near Preston, Lancashire is where Henry Baines died 25 APR 1918
~ Reuben Livesey and Alice Prince were married here 12 NOV 1873, parents of Elizabeth Ellen Livesey who married James Baines.
~ Reuben and Alice Livesey and Reuben’s father Richard are buried here. Probably also, Reuben’s wife, Jane. Reuben died 5 FEB 1934, Alice 24 JUL 1941, Richard 14 DEC 1907.
Address of John Prince, father of Alice Prince married Reuben Livesey:
- 43 Bedford Street, City of Preston, Preston, Lancashire 1861
Address of Alice Prince, at age 16, living alone after her mother had died:
- 13 Heysham Street, City of Preston, Preston, Lancashire 1871